Anthony O’Garvey was the Roman Catholic Bishop of Dromore from 1747 to 1763 or 1766 during the Recusancy in Ireland. He succeeded to a vacant bishopric administered by the Archbishops of Armagh and was succeeded by Bishop Denis Maguire. Bishop O’Garvey feared living openly in Newry and instead lived in the townlands at Aughnagon. The Bishop is recorded as assisting at a 1759 A.D. consecration in the Hibernia Dominicana at page 361.
|Catholic Church titles|
|Bishop of Dromore
| Succeeded by|
- William Maziere Brady The Irish Reformation or The Alleged Conversion of the Irish Bishops at the Accession of Queen Elizabeth, and the Assumed Decent of the Present Established Hierarchy in Ireland from the Ancient Irish Church, Disproved (5th ed.). 1867. London: Longmans, Green, & Co., p. 80
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-12-08. Retrieved 2014-12-05., Dromore Diocese.org, “History of the Diocese”