Anna Geislerová at 51st KVIFF (2016)
17 April 1976|
Anna Geislerová, also known as Aňa Geislerová (born 17 April 1976), is a Czech actress. She became well known for her double role of Eliška/Hana in movie Želary (2003) and as Anna in Návrat idiota (1999). A former model, Geislerová made her feature film debut at age 12.
Born in Prague, Czechoslovakia, Geislerová's rise to national fame began at the early age of 14 when she debuted in Filip Renč's Requiem pro panenku in 1991. Since then, the country has followed her career closely, watching her metamorphose into the Czech Republic's most recognised celebrity on the small and silver screens. Her numerous acting credits include Academy Award winner Jan Svěrák's Jízda in 1994 as well as the film adaptation of Michal Viewegh's internationally acclaimed novel Výchova dívek v Čechách (1997).
Geislerová has been nominated four times for a Czech Lion (Czech Academy Award) winning twice; first for Best Actress in 1999 for her performance in Saša Gedeon's Navrát idiota,and again in 2003 for Ondřej Trojan's Želary, which was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
In 2004, she was named one as European films' Shooting Stars by European Film Promotion. Anna Geislerová and her husband Zdeněk Janáček have a daughter Stella Janáčková, who was born on 27 July 2007, and a son Bruno Janáček.
Geislerová is part of the Shooting Stars jury 2010, which selected 10 European up-and-coming actors from the group of nominees for receiving the Shooting Star Award 2010 in February at the Berlin International Film Festival.
|1990||Pějme píseň dohola||Tráva|
|1991||Requiem pro panenku||Marika|
|1992||Přítelkyně z domu smutku||Líba|
|1992||Fantaghirò 2||Queen of the Elves|
|1997||Výchova dívek v Čechách||Beáta|
|1999||Return of the Idiot||Anna|
|2000||Kytice||Dornicka / Hata|
|2003||Želary||Eliška / Hana|
|2005||Something Like Happiness||Dáša|
|Sklapni a zastřel mě||Líba Zemanová|
|2006||Kráska v nesnázích||Marcela|
|2008||Smutek paní Snajdrové||Mrs. Snajderová|
|2009||The Case of Unfaithful Klara||Professor Smidt|
|Až po uši||Šárka|
|1995||Czech Lion Awards||Best Actress||Jízda||Nominated|
|2000||Best Supporting Actress||Návrat idiota||Won|
|BAFICI Awards||Best Actress||Won[A]|
|2004||Undine Awards||Best Young Actress in the New European Union Countries||Želary||Won|
|Czech Lion Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|2005||Golden Kinnaree Awards||Won[B]|
|Silver Seashell Awards||Štěstí||Won|
|2006||Czech Lion Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|Sun in a Net Awards||Best Actress||Šílení||Won|
|2007||Czech Lion Awards||Kráska v nesnázích||Won|
|2008||Best Supporting Actress||Medvídek||Nominated|
|2011||Best Actress||Občanský průkaz||Nominated|
|2014||Best Supporting Actress||Fair Play||Nominated|
- A ^ The award shared with co-star Tatiana Vilhelmová for her role of Olga in the same movie by Saša Gedeon.
- B ^ The award shared with Annette Bening for her role of Julia Lambert in Being Julia (2004) directed by István Szabó.
- "Anna Geislerova". Film Movement.
- Ullrichová, Šárka (2007). "Anna Geislerová Interview". Prague Compass Magazine. Archived from the original on 30 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-30.
- "Anna Geislerová – Biography". Internet Movie Database. 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-30.
- Roxborough, Scott (11 November 2009). "EFP announces 2010 Shooting Stars jury". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 17 November 2009.
- "2006 - Winners". Slnko v sieti Awards. SFTA. slnkovsieti.sk. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Geislerova.|
- Anna Geislerová at the Internet Movie Database
- Anna Geislerová at Shooting Stars
- CSFD.cz - Anna Geislerová (Czech)
- FDb.cz - Anna Geislerová (Czech)