Anita Ganeri is the author of the award-winning series Horrible Geography. She resides in West Yorkshire, England with her family. She was born in Calcutta, India she now lives in Pune and her family emigrated to Europe. She attended primary and secondary school in England, and graduated from Cambridge University with a degree in French/German and Indian Studies. Anita has spent many years working for publishers both as an editor and a foreign rights manager. She then began researching for her Horrible Geography books. In total, she has written over 300 books.
- A young person's guide to the orchestra.
- Alive: The Living, Breathing Human Body Book
- DK First Encyclopedia
- Eğlenceli Bilgi Gözüpek Kaşifler
- Horrible Geography series
- I Wonder Why the Sea Is Salty: And Other Question about the Oceans
- Questions and Answers Wild Wild World, Parragon 2001
- Sacred Texts: The Ramayana and other Hindu Texts
- The smart girl's guide to growing up
- Kingfisher Readers L3: Creepy Crawlies
- Lifesize: Ocean
- The Royal Canadian Geographical Society Silver Award (1999)
- Geographical Association Highly Commended Award for Horrible Geography: The Horrible Geography of the World (2008)