Anglican Diocese of Wangaratta
|Diocese of Wangaratta|
|Coordinates||36°21′18″S 146°19′17″E / 36.35500°S 146.32139°ECoordinates: 36°21′18″S 146°19′17″E / 36.35500°S 146.32139°E|
|Cathedral||Holy Trinity Cathedral|
The diocese was founded in 1902.
The cathedral church of the diocese is Holy Trinity Cathedral, Wangaratta. The foundation stone was laid in 1908 by Bishop Arthur Green, the Bishop of Ballarat, and was dedicated on 24 August 1909. A second section was built between 1922 and 1924. The building was faced in locally quarried granite to a design by the English architect Walter Butler. The baptistery, designed by the church architect Louis Williams, was completed in 1965.
Deans of Holy Trinity, Wangaratta
The Rector of the Parish of the Holy Trinity, Wangaratta (the cathedral parish) is designated as Dean of Holy Trinity Cathedral.
- 1965–1972: Robert Beal (later Bishop of Wangaratta, 1985)
- ?–?: Donald McMonigle
- ?–?: Ray McInnes (8 years)
- 2003–?: Michael O'Brien
- 2014–present: Ken Goodger
Bishops of Wangaratta
- Thomas Henry Armstrong, 1902–1927
- John Stephen Hart, 1927–1942 (previously Dean of Melbourne)
- Thomas Makinson Armour, 1943–1965 (previously Dean of Newcastle)
- Theodore Bruce McCall, 1965–1969 (translated from Rockhampton)
- Keith Rayner, 1969–1975 (translated to Adelaide, 1975)
- Max Thomas, 1975–1985
- Robert Beal, 1985–1994 (previously Dean of Wangaratta and Dean of Newcastle)
- Paul Richardson, 1995–1997 (translated from Aipo Rongo, Papua New Guinea)
- David Farrer, 1998–2008
- John Parkes, 2008–present (previously Dean of Brisbane)