Moran in 2016
|Irish name||Aindriu Ó Morain|
November 2, 1983|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Occupation||Co-Owner Health Quarters Castlebar|
Andy Moran (born November 2, 1983) is an Irish sportsperson from Ballaghaderreen Co. Roscommon . He has played for his county for over 12 years and has over 130 league and championship appearances.
In 2011, Moran won his first All Star award, being named at full forward on the team.
In 2012, Moran, a former vice-captain, was named captain of the Mayo senior team. He then injured himself in the 53rd minute of the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship quarter-final defeat of Down, having to be stretchered off the field of play and left lying on a medical trolley in the tunnel of Croke Park with ice strapped to his knee. As a result, he missed the rest of the season, including the 2012 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Final against Donegal, after undergoing surgery on his torn cruciate knee ligament. he returned against Galway in the 2013 Connacht quarter final and scored as mayo won 4-16 1-11 points. He was the highest scoring Mayo forward in the 2013 All-Ireland, playing a captain's part. Moran was starting against Dublin in the All-Ireland final in 2016.
- Connacht Senior Football Championship (8): 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Sigerson Cup (3): 2004, 2005, 2008
- Connacht Under-21 Football Championship (2): 2003, 2004
- Connacht Minor Football Championship (2): 2000, 2001
- Mayo Senior Football Championship (2): 2008, 2012
- All Star (1):2011
- "Donegal trio named in All Star Football selection". BBC Sport. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Dublin dominate All-Stars". Irish Examiner. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Moran confirmed as Mayo captain". Irish Examiner. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- Kelly, Liam (4 August 2012). "Mayo edge out Down in epic quarter final". Irish Independent. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Crowe, Marie (5 August 2012). "Moran blow darkens mood". Sunday Independent. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Mayo captain Moran undergoes surgery". Sports News Ireland. 5 September 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- "Injured Mayo skipper Andy Moran over All-Ireland final disappointment". RTÉ Sport. RTÉ. 20 September 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.