American University of Madaba
|الجامعة الاميركية في مادبا|
|Chairman||H.E Dr. Maroof Al-Bakhit|
|Affiliations||Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem, AArU|
The American University of Madaba (Arabic: الجامعة الاميركية في مادبا) is a non-profit university located in Madaba, Jordan. It opened its doors in October 2011, and expects to eventually accommodate 8,000 students once the campus is completed.
The standards of teaching qualifications and experience satisfy the accreditation requirements of the Higher Education Accreditation Commission (HEAC) in Jordan and the accreditation standards of New England Association of Schools and Colleges in Boston, Massachusetts in the United States of America.
The university is established by the Latin Patriarchate in Jerusalem which received the license from the Higher Education Council of Jordan in 2005 under the name of the University of Madaba. On 9 May 2009, Pope Benedict XVI laid the cornerstone of the university, whose name was later changed to become the American University of Madaba (AUM) as of 29 May 2011.
- Faculty of Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Science
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Medical Laboratories
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Faculty of Business and Finance
- Risk Management
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Faculty of Art and Design
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- English Language and Literature
- "Catholic university opening in Jordan : News Headlines". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- Administrator. "Programs and Faculty - about aum". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "Madaba University, Jordan". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- AUM - Message from the Patriarch Fouad Twal
- Administrator. "AUM - University Catalog - The Curricula". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- Jordan, the Catholic University is Founded