The island's land area is 3.3 sq.mi. (8.5 km2).
It is the most populous of all the islands of the Aleutians chain.
- Battle of Dutch Harbor
- Dutch Harbor Naval Operating Base and Fort Mears, U.S. Army
- Islands of Aleutians West Census Area, Alaska
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to |
Dutch Harbor, Amaknak Island.
- Bergsland, K. (1994). Aleut Dictionary. Fairbanks: Alaska Native Language Center.
- United States Census Bureau — Amaknak Island: Blocks 1000 thru 1014, Census Tract 2, Aleutians West Census Area, Alaska
- Further reading
- "The Battle Over Amaknak Bridge — Progress Versus Preservation in Alaska's Aleutian Islands", article in Archaeology : a Magazine Dealing with the Antiquity of the World no. 3: 28 . 60, 2007, by Heather Pringle.