Alpine skiing at the 1952 Winter Olympics
at the VI Olympic Winter Games
|Venue||Norefjell in Krødsherad, Buskerud|
Rødkleiva (slalom) in Oslo, Norway
|Dates||14–20 February 1952|
|Alpine skiing at the|
1952 Winter Olympics
At the 1952 Winter Olympics in Oslo, Norway, the six alpine skiing events were held from Thursday, 14 February to Wednesday, 20 February. The downhill and giant slalom events were held at Norefjell in Krødsherad, Buskerud, and the slalom events at Rødkleiva in Oslo.
The giant slalom made its Olympic debut, and the combined event was dropped as an Olympic medal event for four decades, until 1988. It returned as a medal event at the World Championships two years later in 1954, and for the concurrent World Championships in Olympic years from 1956 through 1980; it was a "paper race," using the results from the three events.
| Giant Slalom
| Giant Slalom
|Sat 16-Feb||Downhill - men||940 m (3,084 ft)||190 m (623 ft)||750 m (2,461 ft)||2.600 km (1.616 mi)||28.8%|
|Sun 17-Feb||Downhill - women||710 m (2,329 ft)||325 m (1,066 ft)||385 m (1,263 ft)||1.350 km (0.839 mi)||28.5%|
|Fri 15-Feb||Giant Slalom - men||675 m (2,215 ft)||190 m (623 ft)||485 m (1,591 ft)||1.750 km (1.087 mi)||27.7%|
|Thu 14-Feb||Giant Slalom - women||710 m (2,329 ft)||375 m (1,230 ft)||335 m (1,099 ft)||1.200 km (0.746 mi)||27.9%|
|Tue 19-Feb||Slalom - men||479 m (1,572 ft)||310 m (1,017 ft)||169 m (554 ft)||0.422 km (0.262 mi)||40.0%|
|Wed 20-Feb||Slalom - women||479 m (1,572 ft)||310 m (1,017 ft)||169 m (554 ft)||0.422 km (0.262 mi)||40.0%|
- "VI Olympic Winter Games: Official Report" (PDF). Organisasjonskomiteen for de VI Olympiske Vinterleker. LA84 Foundation. 1952. pp. 32–33, 216–217, 227–223. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- International Olympic Committee results database
- FIS-Ski.com – results – 1952 Winter Olympics – Oslo, Norway
- FIS-Ski.com – results – 1952 World Championships – Oslo, Norway
- Sports-Reference – 1952 Winter Olympics – Alpine Skiing