All Saints Anglican Church, Petersham
The first church service was held in Petersham on 15 April 1860 in a tiny school room. Shortly thereafter, the congregation resolved to build a school and hall. The old school room no longer exists.
In 1870, the parish decided to build a proper church. The site for the church was bequeathed to the Church by the late Mrs. Priddle, sister of Dr. Wardell, an early settler in Petersham. Building commenced and the foundation stone of the present building was laid on 17 December of that year.
The western end of the building was commenced in 1879 and completed in 1880. The re-opening service was held on 11 September 1880.
The church Vestry was built in 1886. In the same year, a pipe organ built by A. Hunter & Sons of Clapham, England was installed at a cost of £750. The organ was converted from a water motor to an electric motor in 1911.
On 11 February 1974, the National Trust of Australia (NSW) included the church building in the Trust's register of Historic Buildings. It is also listed as being of local and state significance by the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage.
Prominent members of Ministry
The current senior minister is Rev Benjamin Gray
- E. E. Quelch, "All Saints’ Church of England, Petersham, 1870-1970", ISBN 0-9599648-0-0