Alfredo Luís Campos
Alfredo Luís de Campos (January 21, 1809 in Angra do Heroísmo – ?? in Angra do Heroísmo) was an Azorean professor, writer and journalist and wrote several works on theatricals and collected volumes in various journals. He was professor in Portuguese at Escola Madeira Pinto in Angra do Heroísmo. As an author, he edited other publications including the Memória da visita Régia à Ilha Terceira (Memories O The Royal Visit of Terceira Island).
He was founder of the journal O Heroísmo (second of the same name), O Lutador (The Wrestler), O Industrial (The Industrial) and Ateneu (Athenaeum), which worked with Alfredo Pamplona Machado Corte Real, the first with Casimiro Mourato and João José de Aguiar, the second created with various journalist, the third and the fourth.
Dr. José da Fonseca Abreu Castelo Branco, in which he was elected deputy, during two legislatures with the journal of political direction Angrense, combined with Terceirense journals
foi um professor, escritor e jornalista açoriano de renome, que escreveu diversas obras para o teatro e volumosa colaboração em vários jornais, alguns do quais ajudou a fundar. Era professor de português da Escola Madeira Pinto de Angra do. É autor, entre outras obras publicadas, da Artista (Artist), Voz do Artista (Artist's Voice), Luís de Camões, União (Union), Gazeta de Notícias (News Gazette), Terceira, Imparcial (Impartial) e Liberal, e no Diário dos Açores (The Azores Diary), a journal edited in the island of São Miguel southeast of his hometown.
He was the general ruler of the Autonomous District of Angra do Heroísmo.
- Memória da visita Régia à Ilha Terceira (Memories From The Royal Visit of Terceira Island), a cronical of the royal visit of King Charles I of Portugal in Terceira in 1901*Fidalgos e Plebeus, a drama-comedy in four acts, represented by watchers at Teatro Angrense
- Cenas da Vida, a drama-comedy in four acts, represented by watchers by the actress Carolina Santos;
- Alda, a Filha do Sargento, a drama-comedy in four acts, represented by his company of the actor Justino Marques;
- O Segredo de Albertina (The Secret of Albertina), a comedy with music with verses of the journalist and poet António Casimiro Mourato;
- Em Família (In Family), a comedy in one act, features music with verses of Azevedo Cabral;
- Um Quarteto de Amor (The Quartet of Love), comedy with one act
- O Dominó Vermelho (The Red Dominion), a comedy with one act (with three recent productions that represented for children at Teatro Angrense)
- Alfredo Luís Campos, Memória da Visita Régia à Ilha Terceira (Memories From The Royal Visit of Terceira Island), Imprensa Municipal, Angra do Heroísmo, 1903.