Alessandria railway station
Piazza Eugenio Curiel|
15121 Alessandria AL
Alessandria, Alessandria, Piedmont
|Coordinates||44°54′33″N 08°36′23″E / 44.90917°N 8.60639°ECoordinates: 44°54′33″N 08°36′23″E / 44.90917°N 8.60639°E|
Rete Ferroviaria Italiana|
Alessandria–San Giuseppe di Cairo
|Distance||90.075 km (55.970 mi) from Torino Porta Nuova|
|Opened||1 January 1850|
Location within Northern Italy
Alessandria railway station (Italian: Stazione di Alessandria) serves the city and comune of Alessandria, in the Piedmont region, northwestern Italy. Opened in 1850, it forms part of the Turin–Genoa railway, and is also a junction for six other lines, to Chivasso, Piacenza, Novara, Pavia, Cavallermaggiore, Ovada and San Giuseppe di Cairo, respectively.
The station is currently managed by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI). However, the commercial area of the passenger building is managed by Centostazioni. Train services are operated by Trenitalia. Each of these companies is a subsidiary of Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), Italy's state-owned rail company.
The station was opened on 1 January 1850, upon the inauguration of the Asti–Alessandria–Novi Ligure section of the Turin–Genoa railway.
Passenger and train movements
The station is also a major interchange with the urban and suburban bus lines operated by ATM Alexandria, and suburban bus lines operated by Arfea.
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Piedmont
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- Alessandro Tuzza; et al. "Prospetto cronologico dei tratti di ferrovia aperti all'esercizio dal 1839 al 31 dicembre 1926" [Chronological overview of the features of the railways opened between 1839 and 31 December 1926]. Trenidicarta.it (in Italian). Alessandro Tuzza. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- "Flussi Annui nelle 103 Stazioni" [Annual flows at the 103 stations]. Centostazioni website (in Italian). Centostazioni. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
Media related to Alessandria at Wikimedia Commons
This article is based upon a translation of the Italian language version as at December 2010.