Albela (1951 film)
|Directed by||Bhagwan Dada|
|Written by||Bhagwan Dada|
|Starring||Bhagwan Dada, Geeta Bali|
Albela is a 1951 Bollywood musical comedy film directed by and starring Bhagwan Dada and Geeta Bali. A Hindi classic, it was the third highest grossing film at the Indian Box Office in 1951 and its soundtrack by C. Ramchandra was acclaimed.
- Geeta Bali ... as Asha
- Bhagwan as Pyarelal
- Badri Prasad as Pyarelal's Father
- Sunder as Theatre Owner (as Sundar)
- Pratima Devi as Pyarelal's Mother
- Dulari as Malti
The music director of the film was C. Ramchandra and the soundtrack was acclaimed, cited as a "classic". The film features several westerinized songs such as Sholajo badhke and Ye deewana, ye parwana which are said to have "employed cabaret type dance/choruses featuring bongo drums, oboes,, clarinets, trumpets, saxophones, etc." Famous playback singer Lata Mangeshkar sang the song Balama bada nadan re.
The music was composed by C. Ramchandra.
|1||Dil Dhadke Nazar Sharmaye||Lata Mangeshkar||Rajinder Krishan||03:07|
|2||Dheere Se Aaja Ri Ankhiyon Mein||Lata Mangeshkar & Chitalkar||Rajinder Krishan||03:21|
|3||Shola Jo Bhadke||Lata Mangeshkar & Chitalkar||Rajinder Krishan||03:31|
|4||Shaam Dhale Khidki Tale||Lata Mangeshkar & Chitalkar||Rajinder Krishan||03:42|
|5||Balma Bada Nadan Hai||Lata Mangeshkar||Rajinder Krishan||02:57|
|6||Deewana Parwana||Lata Mangeshkar & Chitalkar||Rajinder Krishan||04:58|
|7||Bholi Soorat Dil Ke Khote||Lata Mangeshkar & Chitalkar||Rajinder Krishan||03:54|
|8||Devta Mana Aur Pooja||Lata Mangeshkar||Rajinder Krishan||03:35|
|9||Qismat Ki Hawa Kabhi Naram||Chitalkar||Rajinder Krishan||03:53|
|10||Haseenon Se Muhabbat Ka Bura Anjaam||Chitalkar||Rajinder Krishan||02:59|
|11||Diwana Aagaya||Lata Mangeshkar & Mohammed Rafi||Rajinder Krishan||03:07|
|12||Teri Yaad Ne Mara||Lata Mangeshkar & Chitalkar||Rajinder Krishan||03:44|
|1||Nenjam Thidukkena Nilai Thadumaari||P. Leela||03:07|
|2||Egaandha Raajaa Nee Aanandhame||P. Leela||03:21|
|3||Joraka Paadi Anbaaka Aadi||T. M. Soundararajan & M. S. Rajeswari||03:31|
|4||Aaambale Nee Jannal Kitte||A. M. Rajah & P. Leela||03:42|
|5||Priyamaai Mahaaraajaa||P. Leela||02:57|
|6||En Aasai Raadhaa Nee Aanandhame||A. M. Rajah & P. Leela||04:58|
|7||Thozhi Un Kann Edhiril Kodi||T. M. Soundararajan & M. S. Rajeswari||03:54|
|9||Oh Paattaali Antho Paavi Nee||A. M. Rajah||03:53|
|10||A. M. Rajah||02:59|
|11||Mai Vizhi Mel Paaindhu Odiye||A. M. Rajah & P. Leela||03:07|
|12||Mani Aditthadhanaal Anda Tikku Tikku Tikku||A. M. Rajah & P. Leela||03:44|
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1999). Encyclopaedia of Indian cinema. British Film Institute. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Box Office India. "Top Earners 1951". boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Sruti. P.N. Sundaresan. 1 January 2000. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "Film Albela dubbed in Tamil".
- Journal of the Indian Musicological Society. Indian Musicological Society. 1988. p. 81. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Cinema vision India. Siddharth Kak. 1 January 1982. p. 61. Retrieved 7 August 2011.