Alatornio Church (1797)
Location of Alatornio in Finland
|Coordinates: 65°49′33″N 024°10′04″E / 65.82583°N 24.16778°ECoordinates: 65°49′33″N 024°10′04″E / 65.82583°N 24.16778°E|
|• Land||927.4 km2 (358.1 sq mi)|
|• Density||9.25/km2 (24.0/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Alatornio Church was built in 1797 in the neoclassical style, replacing older buildings which have existed since at least the 14th century. Remnants of a medieval church built in the 15th century can be seen opposite the main entrance today. The church is protected as part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Statistical Yearbook of Finland 1971 Statistics Finland. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Alatornio Church". Discoveringfinland.com. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Wallenius-Korkalo, Sandra (8 April 2016). Progress or Perish: Northern Perspectives on Social Change. Routledge. p. 49. ISBN 978-1-317-07527-1.