Aksel Kristian Andersen|
25 August 1855
|Died||28 November 1940 85)(aged|
|Relatives||Hildur Andersen (sister)|
Aksel Arstal (25 August 1855 – 28 November 1940) was a Norwegian theologist, schoolteacher and geographer.
He graduated as cand.theol. in 1876, worked as schoolteacher at various private schools, eventually as geography teacher at the Oslo Commerce School, and lectured in political geography at the university. His works on geography include Landomrids (1886), Geografi for Middelskolen (1899) and Norges økonomiske Geografi (1902). He edited Forældre og Børn (1902), a work on parents and children which had a large number of prominent contributors. Arstal edited the first edition of the encyclopedia Oslo byleksikon, which was published in 1938, a work which had taken several years to accomplish.
- Steenstrup, Hjalmar, ed. (1930). "Arstal, Aksel Kristian Andersen". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 28. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Blangstrup, Chr., ed. (1915). "Arstal, Aksel Kristian Andersen". Salmonsens Konversationsleksikon (in Danish). 2 (2 ed.). Copenhagen: J.H. Schultz Forlagsboghandel. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Oslo byleksikon : stedleksikon over Oslo og nærmeste omegn". www.nb.no (in Norwegian). Nasjonalbiblioteket. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Just, Carl (1966) . "Forord". In Arstal, Aksel; Just, Carl. Oslo byleksikon (in Norwegian) (2 ed.). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 5.
- Gram, Harald; Steenstrup, Bjørn, eds. (1948). "Fortegnelse over personer som siste gang er omtalt i utgaven 1938 med angivelse av deres dødsdatum". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 598. Retrieved 10 November 2016.