Air Force Board
Flag of the Air Force Board
|Headquarters||Whitehall, Westminster, London|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Defence|
Prior to the creation of the current UK Ministry of Defence in 1964, the administration of the RAF and its personnel was undertaken by the Air Force Council, part of the Air Ministry. In 1964, the Defence Council took over this role, but the day-to-day management of the three services was delegated to the three single service boards, of which the Air Force Board is one.
Membership of the Board
- Secretary of State for Defence
- Minister of State for the Armed Forces
- Minister for Defence Equipment, Support and Technology
- Minister for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans
- Royal Air Force
Notes and references
- "RAF Command and Organisation". Armed Forces. 2015. Retrieved 26 April 2015.