Adventure Gamers logo
Type of site
|Alexa rank||99,898 (February 2015)|
Adventure Gamers is a computer game website created in 1998 dedicated to the genre of adventure games. It publishes reviews and previews of adventure games, as well as opinion articles and interviews with game designers.
The site's reviews have been quoted on many adventure game box covers, and it is listed as a trusted reviewer on CNET's Metacritic and GameRankings. Adventure Gamers was also referenced in the print book Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts.
Adventure Gamers is respected by developers of adventure games. Ragnar Tornquist, the creator of the adventure games The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, has stated that the reviews on Adventure Gamers are "very important to [him]". In addition, Straandlooper, the developer of Hector: Badge of Carnage, called Adventure Gamers "one of the foremost and widely respected websites about adventure games".
The Aggie Awards
Every year, Adventure Gamers hosts the Aggie Awards, which award adventure games for their merits in several categories from concept, art direction, and story, to the adventure game of the year. These awards are held in high regard by the companies who receive them, as they are featured on official covers of those games.
- "Adventuregamers.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Badge of Carnage on Adventure Gamers". Straandlooper. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- Box art for AGON: the Mysterious Codex featuring a quote from Adventure Gamers
- Box art for Ankh featuring a quote from Adventure Gamers
- Box art for Missing featuring a quote from Adventure Gamers
- Box art for Scratches featuring a quote from Adventure Gamers
- Box art for Syberia featuring a quote from Adventure Gamers
- Box art for The Longest Journey featuring a quote from Adventure Gamer
- Smith, Rob (2008). Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts. Chronicle Books. ISBN 0-8118-6184-8.
- "Dreamfall - Update 12". Ragnar Tornquist. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- Box art for Tales of Monkey Island featuring the Aggie Award for Best Adventure Game of the Year