Adolph Northen (also credited as Adolf Northen, Adolf Northern or Adolph Northern) (6 November 1828 – 28 May 1876) was a German painter.
Chiefly depicting battle scenes and particularly events of the Napoleonic Wars, Northen's most noted works include
- Napoleon's Retreat from Russia which depicts the failure of the 1812 invasion of Russia by Napoleon
- Prussian Attack at Plancenoit, showing the Prussian divisions of Hiller, Ryssel and Tippelskirch defeating the French Imperial Young Guard, 1st Battalions of the 2nd Grenadiers and 2nd Chasseurs at the Battle of Waterloo.
Prussian Attack at Plancenoit, 1863
Napoleon's Retreat from Russia
- Champlin, John Denison Cyclopedia of Painters and Paintings, 2005
- Krafft, Eva Maria Katalog der Meister des 19. Jahrhunderts in der Hamburger Kunsthalle, 1969
- Artnet Adolf Northen retrieved 6 July 2007