Academic Search (ISSN 1097-0886, LCCN sn97001287) is a monthly indexing service. It was first published in 1997 by EBSCO Publishing in Ipswich, Massachusetts. Its academic focus was international universities, covering social science, education, psychology, and other subjects. Publishing formats covered were academic journals, magazines, newspapers, and CD-ROM. Global in scope, 870 periodicals were indexed and abstracted. With back-files to 1990, it covered more than 3 million articles.
Academic Search Complete
|Producer||ESBSCO publishing (United States)|
|History||1990 or 1997 to present|
|Languages||multilingual - native languages|
|Disciplines||Humanities, Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences|
|Record depth||Index, abstract, full-text, citation indexing|
|Format coverage||full text, academic journal titles, author, publication dates, abstracts, summations, cited references, and relevant images|
|Temporal coverage||PDF back-files to 1887|
Academic Search Complete was first published in 2007 as Academic Premier. It is an indexing and abstracting service, accessible via the World Wide Web. Coverage includes more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, Academic Complete offers indexing and abstracts for more than 10,100 journals and a total of more than 10,600 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, among others. Although coverage is from 1965 to the present, PDF back-file content coverage is from 1887.
Subject areas covered include: animal science, anthropology, area studies, astronomy, biology, chemistry, civil engineering, electrical engineering, ethnic & multicultural studies, food science including related technology, general science, geography, geology, law, materials science, mathematics, mechanical engineering, music, pharmaceutical sciences, physics, psychology, religion & theology, veterinary science, women's studies, zoology and other fields. It is updated on a daily basis.
Field searches include full text articles (references can be included), academic journal titles, author, publication dates, abstracts, summations, cited references, and relevant images. Article results can also include thumbnail images.
- "Catalog record" (Online). Bibliographic information for Academic Search. Library of Congress. Retrieved 2001-11-20.
- "Catalog record" (Online). Bibliographic information for Academic Search. World Cat. Retrieved 2001-11-20.
- "Databases and Resources at the Library of Congress" (Public domain). Description of Academic Search Complete. U.S. Library of Congress. Retrieved 2001-11-20.
- "Catalog record" (Online). Bibliographic information for Academic Search Complete. Binghamton University Libraries. Retrieved 2001-11-20.
- "CLIO - Catalog record". Bibliographic information with description for Academic Search Complete. Columbia University Libraries. Archived from the original (Online) on 2001-11-20. Retrieved 2001-11-20.
- "Valencia - Catalog record" (Online). Description of Academic Search Complete. Valencia Community College. 2010. Retrieved 2001-11-20.
- OCLC 123348654
- "Academic Search Premier". Database Description: Univ. of Pittsburg Library System. 2007. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- MLA Citation Academic Search Complete. Valencia College. September 26, 2012.