|Produced by||K. S. Sreenivasan|
G. K. Gopinath
|Music by||D. Imman|
|Cinematography||K. S. Shiva|
J. N. Harsha
|Distributed by||Vasan Visual Ventures|
Aanai (English: Order) is a 2005 Tamil language action film written and directed by Selva. It stars 'Action King' Arjun, Namitha and Keerthi Chawla in the lead, while Vadivelu, Sanghavi and Manoj K. Jayan play pivotal roles. D. Imman composed the soundtrack, while Shiva was the cinematographer for the venture which released in December 2005.
The film is a remake of the Hollywood film Man on Fire, starring Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning. The film's Hindi Bollywood remake, Ek Ajnabee, starring Amitabh Bachchan in the lead, was released a week later.
- Arjun as Vijay
- Namitha as Ramya
- Keerthi Chawla as Sandhya
- Sanghavi as Meena Jayaram
- Manoj K. Jayan as Jayaram
- Baby Taj as Priya
- Thalaivasal Vijay
- Delhi Ganesh
- OAK Sundar
- Junior Silk
- J. D. Chakravarthy
Selva (director), who had directed Arjun in Karna (1995) and the long delayed Manikanda (2006) was signed by Vasan Visual Ventures to work with him again. The actor signed on for a hiked price of one crore rupees, following the success of his previous film Giri. The unit had a 15-day shooting stint in Hyderabad in February 2005, with two of the lead actresses Namitha and Sanghavi involved in the shoot. The film featured a new editing technique tried by Satish and Harsha, while the team shot three songs with Arjun and Namitha in London, notably near the London Eye and Windsor Castle. Another song was shot with Arjun and Namitha at the Mohan Studio in Chennai, with the actor notably wearing four inch heels to make up for height difference with the actress.
The film had a brief delay in getting released due to the failure of the actor's previous film, Chinna, though the film finally released across Tamil Nadu in early December 2005. A critic from Sify.com noted "what could have been an edge-of-the-seat thriller ends up as a badly made mass-masala movie", concluding that the film is "disappointing".
|Soundtrack album to Aanai by D. Imman|
|D. Imman chronology|
The soundtrack album was composed by D. Imman.
|1.||"Aanai (English)"||D. Imman|
|2.||"Aei Idupattum"||D. Imman, Srilekha Parthasarathy|
|3.||"Azhagiya Darisanam"||Madhu Balakrishnan, Binny Krishnakumar|
|5.||"Figurudan Oru Naal"||Karthik, Saindhavi|
|6.||"Kumru Kumru"||Siva Chidhambaram, Annupamaa|
|8.||"Sare Jahan Se Acha"||Srinivas|
|9.||"Varungala Veetukaraney"||Susi Reeta|
- Man on Fire, a novel on which the movie is based on
- Man on Fire, a film starring Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning
- Ek Ajnabee, a Hindi film starring Amitabh Bachchan and Arjun Rampal
- "Arjun acts pricey!". www.sify.com. 12 February 2005.
- "Aanai from Arjun". The Hindu. 11 March 2005.
- "Romance on the ECR". The Hindu. 18 November 2006.
- "Long and short of it!". www.sify.com. 17 November 2005.
- "The gentleman turns lecher!". www.sify.com. 3 April 2005.
- "Will Arjun's Aanai be released this month?". Behindwoods. 8 November 2005.
- "Movie Review : Aanai". www.sify.com.