|Directed by||Trivikram Srinivas|
|Produced by||S. Radha Krishna|
Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani |
|Story by||Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani|
|Based on||Meena by Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani|
Samantha Ruth Prabhu
|Music by||Mickey J Meyer|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
Haarika & Hassine Creations
|Box office||₹67.73 crore|
A Aa is a 2016 Telugu romantic comedy film written and directed by Trivikram Srinivas. Produced by S. Radha Krishna under his banner Haarika & Haasine Creations, it features Nithin and Samantha Ruth Prabhu in the lead roles. Mickey J Meyer composed the film's score and soundtrack while Natarajan Subramaniam and Dudley handled the cinematography. The film is loosely based on the novel Meena written by Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani, which had already been adapted into a 1973 movie Meena starring actor Krishna and his wife actress Vijaya Nirmala in her directorial debut. Production began on 24 September 2015 in Hyderabad and principal photography commenced on 16 October 2015. The film was released worldwide on 2 June 2016.
A Aa revolves around the lives of 23-year old Anasuya Ramalingam (Samantha Ruth Prabhu) and Aanand Vihari (Nithiin) and their families. Aanand, a former caterer, becomes a chef in Hyderabad. He belongs to a middle-class family and has many responsibilities to fulfill, like marrying off his sister Bhanumathi (Ananya) and paying off debts.
Anasuya is daughter of rich and strict mother Mahalakshmi (Nadhiya). When her mother goes on a business trip, her father sends her to Kalavapudi village near Vijayawada to spend some time at Aanand's home.
Aanand happens to be her cousin but she doesn’t know about his family till she is sent there. While she happily discovers the joy of being at her aunt’s house, she also comes to know why her aunt’s family and her mother are not on talking terms. Rest of the movie drama is all about how Aanand Vihari achieves all the hurdles to get married to Anasuya.
- Nithin as Aanand Vihari (Nandu)
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu as Anasuya Ramalingam
- Anupama Parameswaran as Nagavalli, Anand's chosen bride
- Naresh as Ramalingam, Anasuya's father
- Nadhiya as Mahalakshmi, Anasuya's mother
- Hari Teja as Mangamma, Anasuya's assistant
- Ananya as Bhanumathi (Bhanu), Anand's sister
- Rao Ramesh as Pallam Venkanna, Nagavalli’s father
- Srinivas Avasarala as Shekhar Banerjee, Anasuya's chosen groom
- Ajay as Pallam Venkana's son and Nagavalli's brother (unnamed character)
- Srinivasa Reddy as Gopal, Mahalakshmi's secretary
- Jayaprakash as Anand's father
- Easwari Rao as Anand's mother
- Posani Krishna Murali as Pallam Venkanna's brother
- Giri Babu as Mr. Banerjee, Shekhar's grandfather
- Raghu Babu as Mahalakshmi's friend's affair
- Sana as Mahalakshmi's friend
- Praveen as Anand's servant
During the end of August 2015, it was announced that Trivikram Srinivas will be directing a movie with Nitin and Samantha in the lead roles, and S.Radha Krishna will produce the film under his banner Haarika & Haasine Creations. In early September 2015, the makers announced the name of this movie as A Aa - Anasuya Ramalingam Vs Anand Vihari.
Samantha Ruth Prabhu makes her third collaboration with Trivikram Srinivas (after Attarintiki Daredi, and S/O Satyamurthy). During mid September Anupama Parameswaran was confirmed to be a part of the film playing the second heroine. During Mid September, it was reported that Nadhiya will be playing a key role in this film. During Early October 2015, it was reported that Srinivas Avasarala was a part the film playing a key role. In early November it was reported that Ananya was selected to play the role of Nitin's sister Bhanumathi. It was also reported that she had initially turned down the offer, but later accepted it after she realized the scope of her character. During Mid-January it was reported that Naresh will be a part of this film. It was also reported that he will be playing the role of husband of Nadhiya.
Anirudh Ravichander was selected to compose the music for this film during early August making his tollywood debut. But he was later replaced by Mickey J Meyer due to his busy schedules with Tamil movies. Natarajan Subramaniam and Dudley are the Cinematographers. During the end of August it was also confirmed that Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao will be the editor, and Rajeevan will be the art director of this film. Rajeevan was replaced by A.S Prakash as the art director of this movie during late November 2015.
This movie was launched on 24 September 2015 with a pooja ceremony at Ramanaidu Studios. The regular shooting of this film was expected to start on 10 October 2015. But later the shooting was delayed to October 16, 2015. Samantha started shooting for this film on October 21, 2015. During Mid November 2015, it was reported that Samantha wouldd be dubbing for her role for the first time in Telugu. However, this was later refuted by Samantha herself During early January 2016, it was reported that the filming was progressing rapidly, and Nitin was reportedly enjoying every bit of the shooting, being super happy with the output of the film so far. As of early February 2016, 80 percent of the shooting is completed and also the major part of the talkie has been shot. Filming of new schedule commenced in Pollachi on February 15, and the unit canned a romantic duet and some important scenes featuring Nitin and Samantha for 10 days. Filming of final schedule commenced on February 26 in Hyderabad. The Filming has been wrapped up on 23 April 2016.
Producer S.Radha Krishna had initially planned to release the film for Sankranthi 2016, but later the release date was moved to Feb 14, 2016 to release it on Valentine's Day. During early February, the release was again postponed to April 22, 2016. but again the movie was postponed to May 2, 2016 (which again did not happen). Again, the makers had planned to release the movie by the end of May, but 'A..Aa' was then slated to release in the second week of June, due to Mahesh Babu's Brahmotsavam as a majority of the theaters in Telugu states are going be occupied with Mahesh Babu's movie, the makers were planning to release in June 2 week, yet an official statement regarding the postponement is yet to be made.
BlueSky Cinemas, one of the leading players in overseas market for Indian movies bought the rights of this film during early November 2015. They bought the rights of this film before the filming began. During the end of December 2015, Eurotolly bought rights from BlueSky Cinemas to distribute this movie in Europe (excluding UK).
The soundtrack for A Aa comprises 5 songs composed by Mickey J Meyer. Four of the songs were written by Ramajogayya Sastry and one by Krishna Chaitanya. Aditya Music acquired its marketing rights. Launched on May 2 at a ceremony in Shilpakala Vedika, with actor Pawan Kalyan attending as chief guest, the audio received positive reviews from critics.
|1.||"Yaa Yaa"||Ramajogayya Sastry||K.S. Chithra, Abhay Jodhpurkar, Anjana Sowmya Sai Shivani||04:00|
|2.||"Rang De"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Ramya Behara, Rahul Nambiar, Sai Shivani||04:01|
|3.||"Anasuya Kosam"||Krishna Chaitanya||Karthik, Rap: Roll Rida||03:25|
|4.||"Mummy Returns"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Sravana Bhargavi||02:53|
|5.||"Yellipoke Shyamala"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Karthik||03:35|
- "Natty did some serious homework for A... Aa"
- "Dilwale DOP Dudley replaces Natarajan in Nithiin's next". Times of India. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "A...Aa' will surpass $2.5 million mark at US box office in its lifetime run: BlueSky bosses"
- "A...Aa review: Simple tale, effectively told". The Hindu. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- Yellapantula, Suhas. "A..Aa Review: Please welcome Samantha the actress". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "Samantha-Nithiin to start shooting from September". Times of India. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "Trivikram's Samantha-Nithin starrer titled 'A Aa Anasuya Ramalingam Versus Aanand Vihari'". dna India. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Samantha-Pawan Kalyan to start shooting from September". DNA India. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Anupama Parameswaran moving to Telugu film industry". www.sajmedia.in. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Anupama Parameshwaran makes Tollywood debut". moviemint. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "Trivikram's 'A...Aa' launch date". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Trivikram ropes in talented director for his next". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Ananya to be part of Trivikram-Nithiin-Samantha-Anupama's Telugu film 'A..Aa'". IB Times. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Trivikram's A.Aa Slated To Release In March". Telugodu. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Anirudh to compose for Trivikram's Telugu film". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "Anirudh to make Telugu debut with Trivikram's next". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "INSIDE STORY: Finally Trivikram's ego satisfied". Apherald. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Trivikram - Pawan Kalyan's 'A..Aa' movie launched". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- "Trivikram Srinivas bags projects with Mahesh and Pawan?". Greatandhra.com. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "Trivikram-Nithiin film gets a start date". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Samantha joins Trivikram's A..Aa shoot". telugu cinema. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "Actress Samantha plays a satire on her own dubbig". Gulte.com. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "Pawan Kalyan'S A AA SHOOTING RAPIDLY". Industry Hit. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Trivikram - Pawan Kalyan film 80% complete". Telugu Cinema. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Trivikram's A..Aa nearing completion". Telugu 360. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Trivikram A..Aa reaches Pollachi". Telugu 360. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Trivikram to start shooting A..Aa in Hyd". Telugu Cinema. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "A..Aa wraps up its shoot". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "Trivikram's Samantha-Nithin starrer titled 'A...Aa Anasuya Ramalingam Versus Anand Vihari'". dna india. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Trivikram's A..Aa kickoff from today". Tollywood.net. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- "Trivikram's next for Valentine's day ?". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "TRIVIKRAM-Pawan Kalyan'S 'A…AA' ON APRIL 22". Industry Hit. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "A..Aa Overseas by BlueSky". Idlebrain.com. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "A..Aa Europe by Eurotolly". Idlebrain.com. Retrieved 31 December 2015.