5th Independent Battery Wisconsin Light Artillery
|5th Independent Battery Wisconsin Light Artillery|
|Active||October 10, 1861 to June 6, 1865|
Siege of Corinth|
Battle of Perryville
Battle of Stone's River
Battle of Chickamauga
Siege of Chattanooga
Battle of Bentonville
The 5th Independent Battery was mustered into service at Racine, Wisconsin on October 10, 1861.
The battery was mustered out on June 6, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
- Captain Oscar F. Pinney
- Captain Charles B. Humphrey
- Captain George Q. Gardner
- Captain Joseph McKnight
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-03-26. Retrieved 2007-04-19. The Blue Book of the State of Wisconsin Compiled and Published Under the Direction of J. D. Beck, Commissioner of Labor and Industrial Statistics, 1907 Democratic Printing Company, State Printer, Madison, Wisconsin 1907
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unwiarty.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/roster/results.asp?image_id=1371 Wisconsin Historical Society after Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865. 2 vols. 1886.