2009 Women's European Amateur Boxing Championships
Not to be confused with 2009 Women's European Union Amateur Boxing Championships.
The 7th Women's European Amateur Boxing Championships were held in Mykolaiv, Ukraine from September 15 to 20, 2009. This edition of the recurring competition was organised by the European governing body for amateur boxing, EUBC. 113 fighters representing 26 federations competed in 11 weight classes, the limits of which had changed since the previous edition of the championships.
Russia topped the medals table (as they had done in the six previous editions of these championships), although host country Ukraine won more medals in total including 5 bronzes. Featherweight (57kg) victor Sofia Ochigava was voted Best Boxer of the tournament.
|Svetlana Gnevanova||Natalie Lungo|| Steluta Duta|
| Light flyweight
|Jenny Hardingz||Elena Savelyeva|| Lidia Ion|
|Tetyana Kob||Shipra Nilsson|| Virginie Nave|
|Karolina Michalczuk||Ivanna Krupenia|| Helena Falk|
|Sofia Ochigava||Yulia Tsiplakova|| Marzia Davide|
|Katie Taylor||Meryem Aslan Zeybek|| Denitsa Eliseyeva|
| Light welterweight
|Gülsüm Tatar||Farida el-Hadrati|| Vera Slugina|
|Lotte Lien||Katarzyna Furmaniak|| Gihade Lagmiri|
|Irina Sinetskaya||Liliya Durnyeva|| Anita Ducza|
| Light heavyweight
|Luminita Turcin||Selma Yagci|| Maria Kovacs|
|Nadezhda Torlopova||Semsi Yarali|| Raluca Chis|
Medal count table
Host nation ( Ukraine)
|2009 European Women's Amateur Boxing Championship|
- ↑ "7.European Womens Championships - Mykolaiv, Ukraine - September 15-20 2009". Retrieved 3 Aug 2011.
- ↑ "Ochigava steals European Women's show on European Boxing Championships". Chinese Olympic Committee. 20 Sep 2009. Retrieved 4 Aug 2011.
- ↑ "Boxing". sports123.com. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 3 Aug 2011.
- 1 2 Teddy Stenmark (22 Sep 2009). "Latest Swedish News". secondsout.com. Retrieved 4 Aug 2011.
- ↑ Andreas Tzortis (31 Oct 2009). "Boxing: London calling Taylor towards crowning glory". Irish Independent. Retrieved 4 Aug 2011.
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 11/24/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.