Łężany, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship
|Coordinates: 53°58′0″N 21°8′27″E / 53.96667°N 21.14083°E|
Łężany [wɛ̃ˈʐanɨ] (German: Loßainen) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Reszel, within Kętrzyn County, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, in northern Poland. It lies approximately 10 kilometres (6 mi) south of Reszel, 21 km (13 mi) south-west of Kętrzyn, and 47 km (29 mi) north-east of the regional capital Olsztyn.
The village was founded in 1359. Between the end of the 13th century and the 15th, the village lay in the territory of the Teutonic Knights. From 1466 until the First Partition of Poland, like all of Warmia, it was part of the Kingdom of Poland (initially as part of the province of Royal Prussia). In 1772 the village became part of the Kingdom of Prussia and later the German Empire. After World War II the local populace was expelled and the area became part of Poland.
The village has a population of 410.
- Reinhold von Fischer (1870–1940), admiral
- Fabian von Lossainen (Fabian Luzjański) (1470–1523), bishop of Warmia