Evangelical Church in České Brezovo
|Elevation||432 m (1,417 ft)|
|Coordinates||SK 48°26′N 19°39′E / 48.433°N 19.650°ECoordinates: SK 48°26′N 19°39′E / 48.433°N 19.650°E|
|Area||39.230 km2 (15.15 sq mi)|
|Density||13/km2 (34/sq mi)|
|Postal code||985 03|
Location of České Brezovo in Slovakia
Location of České Brezovo in the Banská Bystrica Region
In historical records, the village was surely mentioned in 1435 (Brezow, Bryzow), but the existence of the village in the area is recorded from 1334 as belonging to Zach, Bošňák and Szentivány families. In 1834 Juraj Zahn based a glasswork in Zlatno settlement.
In České Brezovo was born Bohuslav Tablic, one of the leaders of Slovak classicism. Village commemorates him with a memory plaque on a public library.
- František Krňan, mathematician
- Bohuslav Tablic, poet, translator, literary historian
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia"
- Lutheran church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1784-1925 (parish A)
- Panoramic photos from neighbourhood of České Brezovo
- Surnames of living people in Ceske Brezovo