Áedh Ó Flaithbheartaigh

Áedh Ó Flaithbheartaigh, Taoiseach of Iar Connacht and Chief of the Name, fl. c. 1377?-1407.


Few details appear to be known of him, he being the first of the family to appear in the annals since the time of Ruaidhri Ó Flaithbheartaigh.

He built the church at Annaghdown in 1410 - the monastery of Annaghdown was burned in 1413 - and was succeeded by his son, Domnell.

Annalistic references

Preceded by
Brian Ó Flaithbheartaigh
Taoiseach of Iar Connacht
Succeeded by
Domnell mac Áedh Ó Flaithbheartaigh

See also


This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 5/16/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.