IPFS Weekly 51
by Jenn Turner on 2019-07-23
Welcome to the IPFS Weekly. 👋
The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is a new hypermedia distribution protocol, addressed by content and identity. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. Since that’s a pretty large scope, we track development across the ecosystem in this weekly dispatch.
Want this update in your inbox? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Here are some of the highlights since the last IPFS Weekly.
The IPFS Camp’s first batch of recordings are out!
You read it right, the recordings from IPFS Camp are starting to be released! For this first batch we have: Lightning Talks and Poster Projects, so go check them out.
Join the IPFS, libp2p and IPLD Communities on IRC \o/
Friendly reminder to our awesome community that IRC and Matrix are still one of the best places to experience the IPFS, libp2p and IPLD communities! Join our many channels through this link.
IPFS in the wild
- VIDEO: Privacy in Peer To Peer Networks, Gonçalo Pestana at Data Terra Nemo, 22 July 2019
- Understanding IPFS in Depth(5⁄6): What is Libp2p? Coinmonks, 21 July 2019
- Interplanetary Hash Tables…, Textile, 18 July 2019
- IPFS Scalability: Building an IPFS Layer 2, Pinata, 17 July 2019
- WORBLI to Power EDNA, Yahoo! Finance, 17 July 2019
- Who is Memo Labs? 15 July 2019
- Conceiving The Gathering, Justin Maier, 12 July 2019
- $1.5 Million in Funding and the Start of a New Chapter, Textile, 11 July 2019
- Building The World’s First IPFS Data Center — Part 1, RTrade Technologies, 9 July 2019
- Efficient, Usable, And Cheap Storage of IPFS Hashes In Solidity Smart Contracts, Temporal, 9 July 2019
- Introduction to IPFS: The New & Improved Web, Temporal, 9 July 2019
- Make A Discord Bot That Can Upload, Pin, and Search IPFS, Temporal, 9 July 2019
- Run Your Own IPFS Search Engine With Lens, Temporal, 9 July 2019
- Temporal.cloud Walk-Through, 9 July 2019
- Tutorial: Hosting Slate Documentation On IPFS, 9 July 2019
- VIDEO: MIX Acuity, Mining, Encrypted Accounts, 3 July 2019
- Staked Competitions by Stove Labs & Tezos Commons, Tezos Insights & Updates, 1 July 2019
Open Positions working on IPFS
- Textile.io Lead Engineer, Textile, Remote
- IPFS Documentation & Technical Content Strategist, Protocol Labs, Remote
- UI/UX Designer, Qri, Brooklyn, New York (US)
Tools and projects we <3
Awesome IPFS is a community maintained and updated list of projects, tools, or pretty much any things related to IPFS that are totally awesome. To see more, or add yours to the list, visit Awesome IPFS on GitHub.
- go-stellar-ipfs is a library that acts as a bridge between Stellar and IPFS.
Coming up in the Community
Did you know IPFS has a community forum at discuss.ipfs.io? Sign up to participate in discussions about coding, tutorials, see announcements and learn about upcoming community events.
- 28 July 2019: ProtoSchool - Shanghai Chapter: Technical Salon Session 4 will focus on technical deep dives and evangelize decentralized storage network and its developing ecosystem. Hosted by Shanghai Decentralized Systems Meetup Group.
- 2-5 August 2019: Offline Camp is a 4-day retreat to explore Offline First development and design in Grants Pass, Oregon. Learn more about the event here.
- 7 August 2019: Paris P2P is holding its first event, Paris P2P #0 to discuss the topics of peer-to-peer (P2P), decentralization, networks and autonomous communities, distributed and decentralized systems, and more. Submit your talk ideas here for future events.
Thanks for reading ☺️
That’s it for this week’s news on all things IPFS. If we missed something, send us an email and let us know! That way we can feature you in next week’s edition.